Saturday, July 19, 2008

On board with Barry White

I had a surprise on Friday walking through Penn Station on my way back home. There is a spot just under an arch as you walk from the A-C-E line towards the NJ Transit gates where musicians typically set up to play and suggest you pay them for their troubles. Yesterday, however, was a man with nothing but a karaoke machine and a mic. Wearing only black and with silver hair, the jovial man chose for his first song "Can't Get Enough of Your Love." The man appeared emaciated, but he had an insatiable hunger for my love. I'll be honest: I was touched. And as I stood in line waiting for a pretzel, the dulcet tones ringing throughout Penn Station, I had to admit that this was probably better than the guy with the clarinet.

To comment: http://westeggvistor.blogspot.com

No comments: