Thursday, July 17, 2008

On board with animal cruelty

Today I stepped onto the subway right after a guy wearing a Michael Vick jersey. I never know what to think of people who wear Michael Vick gear - is this man a big fan of Michael Vick the player and hesitant to get rid of the jersey, hoping that the quarterback will return to his level of greatness (or even the NFL)? Is he showing support for a man he thinks has been unfairly/overly punished for a crime? Is he a Falcons fan and hasn't found a current player to replace Vick as his favorite?

I'd like to think that dog fighting supporters/animal cruelty enthusiasts have chosen his jersey to be a calling card: If you see someone with the Falcons 7 jersey, you can stop him and ask where the fight is that night. I encourage you, the readers, to try this tomorrow. I, however, will not be doing this because I don't care to get punched, and having a black eye before senior picture day would ruin me.

No comments: